Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Beginnings

Life is starting to get back to normal after the 3+ months of morning sickness. I am so thankful! We hit the halfway mark in our K-5 homeschool, that means we will be finished in April, before the baby comes. Tomorrow will be a fresh start of the second half. K-4 was a blast and I am so thankful we did it. Jonah and Silas have such a good foundation. We had 2 solid months of K-5 and then I got sick. This year being mostly just a confidence builder has been really helpful or I might have been panicked right now! While I wasn't feeling so well and falling deeper into a pit of mommy guilt I told the boys, "soon everything will be back to normal and we will have our old awesome school days again." Jonah said, "I like THIS school, Mama!" He is always the encourager! 
Homeschool Experiment
A new year at the institute starts on the 11th. This is the 3rd and final year for our first group of students. I don't know how we will let them go, I try not to think about it. We will miss them and their families terribly. This will be our first year of having 3 years of classes happening at the same time. That is 9 hours of material a day being taught, Tuesday through Friday, 12 classes a week! Jimmy is teaching 6 of the classes this semester, Pastor Norberto is teaching 1 (the students are so happy he is returning), Juan is teaching 4, and I am teaching 1. Please pray for Jimmy since there is a lot of material to prepare for along with managing the farm and students and overseeing the church. I often wonder why God didn't send us teammates, but God's plan is better than mine, haha! Eventually some of the graduates will end up teaching, I'm sure. That's better than an import!
The new beautiful stone porch across the front of the academic building.
In typical Kekchi fashion, we have no idea how many new students we will have until they actually show up with their families. Jimmy had one more family house built and is building a house for Juan (dean of students) so that it frees up more single student space. We might be building more houses the first week of classes! One new single student has already moved to the village next door with his family. He will move onto the farm next week. Several single guys and several families have said they were coming, but you just don't know until the last second, that's how this culture works. Please pray as our new semester begins!
Roof going on a new family house.
I have so much about our ministry and family over the last 3 months that I want to post. So much I want to remember and be able to look back on! So... that is what I will be doing over the next couple of weeks, posting everything I missed. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are improving in Guate - in more ways than one! So happy about your airport! Happy birthday to those big boys! Love and prayers as always. Pat and Daryl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...