Saturday, August 26, 2006

Our New Home

This has been a really busy week with all of the normal frustrations associated with moving into a new place and beginning to learn a new language (at the same time!) Thank you for praying for us. We need it so that our brains do not explode. Every single task is a learning experience. It is the little victories throughout our day that we get excited about... like when Jimmy finally learned how to order pizza (after he called a chicken place and McDonald’s first), when it only took us 5 hardware stores this time to find the right screws we needed, turning to the right chapter in church, reading a street sign, remembering which street has the right-of-way at an intersection, or finding L’Oreal shampoo at Paiz. We’re adapting little by little! Everytime I walk outside my apartment I have to tell myself, “This is my street,” for some reason I am always surprised. It is sort of funny to look at something so foreign and think that one day it will be familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...