Friday, August 4, 2006

The Journey


Our first picture together in Guatemala!

I was sitting at the gate in Wichita, KS (just me & God) around 6:00am waiting to board my flight and I realized, “This is it.” I am finally headed to my field! I am sure Jim feels the same way. Anyone who has worked towards a goal for several years has to understand how exciting this is. We are so thankful for this opportunity. Three things bring me comfort during unsure times (we are only a couple hours into this and there has already been several.) First, I am completely at peace that this is God’s will for our lives. Second, I know people all over the States are lifting up this endeavor in prayer. Finally, just as Jimmy has preached so much on deputation, God promises fruit. (not that we will see fruit, but that there will be fruit and that it will last forever!)
Our flagsGuatemala City Airport

There was a couple hundred people at the airport waiting to pick people up. Jimmy was worried that I wouldn’t be able to pick him out of the crowd, but Jimmy was easy to find, he was the only big tall white boy there, just like we had often joked about. We went and got a tax ID number and then just rested. For dinner JImmy had Pollo Campero (a fried chicken place) and I had Sincronizadas. It was delicious! Tomorrow we are going to a wedding in Solola where we will meet up with the Boggs. Thanks for praying. Jimmy’s dad made it back safely to Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...