Friday, August 24, 2012

Our Interesting Trip to the Doctor

Eden just turned 5 months old. So we took her in for a check-up. I am so thankful for our pediatrician here in Petén. I have no idea why he would want to work here since I know he could make lots more money somewhere more urban. I just count it as a big personal blessing from God to this mommy of 3! 
Well Eden got a great report. And she weighs 17.5 lbs! That is what the boys weighed at 8 months. I'm glad she has all this fat for her developing brain. You can't tell unless she is next to another baby, but she is kind of humungous! I think she could eat most other 5 month olds as a snack... and still want milk afterwards! I only have one more month of exclusively nursing her and then I will start to introduce solids. I'm so sad. I love all that snuggle time. Now food is going to come between us... boo. 
{Look at those chunky thighs... love!}
She is always chewing on her toes. We make the kissy sound to her, like we are blowing kisses and she has started to mimic us back when she wants to get our attention. She also likes to blow raspberries with her tongue, really loudly. She hasn't sat up yet without help, but when we hold her hands she sits up and rocks front to back on purpose. (I think that runs in the family or at least in all of my kids.)

While we were paying at the front desk of the doctor's office a little girl (maybe 4) was outside making eyes at Jonah and Silas through the glass door. Jonah does not like people looking at him, but Silas is a big ole' flirt. As soon as we open the door to leave that little girl planted one right on Silas... I mean right on the mouth! Silas acted like it happens all the time, like it was a normal day in the life of a little blue eyed boy that lives in Guatemala. 
I understand the girl's eagerness. I have a thing for someone with those same eyes! Still, I did not particularly appreciate it. Since that incidence we have reviewed with Silas several times: "What girls are you allowed to kiss?" He'll think for a little while and say, "Momma... baby... Kiki... MaG!" Hopefully we won't have another opportunity to see if he really understands this rule anytime soon. 
{These photos were conveniently from our family photo day outakes!}

2 comments:

  1. Eden and Piper are about the same size (weight)! She was 17 1/2 lbs at her 12 month appt. She was 18 even a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I don't know why E is so big! My boys thinned out pretty quick once they turned 2. Maybe she will too. My mother-in-law warned me that their side of the family has big babies. She was right!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...