Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Poor Bug Bitten Babies

It is so hard to seal your house here. We are fighting a mosquito battle... and we are losing! I spray my kids each night when they get out of the shower. Right now I think California Baby Bug Spray works the best. It doesn't have any DEET in it, which is good since we use it every day and my kids sleep with it on. I don't spray their faces however.
My kids' faces look awful. I tried to get a photo of Eden's face this morning. She was crying about not getting a pancake fast enough at breakfast. You can see the tear in her eye. Then she got a pancake and realized I was taking her picture and looked at me with a big smile and said, "Cheese!" Silly girl! 
My poor babies' faces are covered in bug bites. Two metal workers welded our last screen in yesterday and now we have a lot of caulking to do. We need to find some weather stripping too and then get some spray foam for other cracks. 
We are setting off some bug bombs today we brought back from the States and leaving for 4 hours. Today is our 9 year wedding anniversary, so we are headed to Santa Elena for a lunch together. Our baby sitter is on a trip to the States, so the kids are coming on our date too... we like them a lot, so that's ok! Plus this is a perfect time for the bug bombs!
Please pray we solve this problem. This many bites makes me worried about more Dengue. 

3 comments:

  1. I like to garden, but I don't like the bugs so I did a little research. Here is what helps me: unscented shampoo and body wash like unscented Dove or Burt's Bees), unscented hair spray and unscented deodorant and unscented dryer sheets. Also Avon Skin so Soft products. I hope this helps! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention plants such as Marigolds or Citronella or Rosemary (which you could grow in the kitchen!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor things! Micah has gotten a few mosquito bites at night too. Do you use mosquito nets at all? I haven't tried that yet, but I too worry about dengue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...