Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Not Much Water

I was outside today and all these kids with empty bottles came up and asked me for some water. Evidently our area is without water. We heard that it could be anywhere from 5 to 10 days. Thankfully we have a cistern, but we do not know how large it is. We are living by the “If it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down,” rule. We still can buy pure water in the jugs.
The kids that came by were all cousins and said that they all live in the same house with 16 people... so I am sure we will probably see them again tomorrow! I am interested to see how long our water lasts. News of our cistern will spread fast. We feed the dog that lives next door every now and then. She guards our house now too. She did not like all these strangers coming into our gate.
Today I was telling Linda a story about a monkey, but I got a little confused. I call Lucha “Boca Mono” which is monkey mouth (it is really supposed to be “Boca de Mono”), but anyway... instead of saying “mono” I kept saying “moco” because I would put the 2 words together. She was laughing at me (which is normal) and finally told me that “moco” is “snot”... so I was telling her a story about snot!
There is such a thing as Gorilla snot here. It is a gel that guys put in their hair. It has the same consistency and comes in green, yellow, or brown. Interesting marketing tactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...